Europa

Scraping out the last trips from my Qantas funding, I headed all about Europe from May to July 2013. Starting London then Cornwall for pirate coast and moors, to Bath for Roman ruins, Northampton for the kooky Leathercraft Museum and London trawling museums. Train to Paris, my highlight the Rodin Museum and Musee du quai Branly, then an amazing week in the French Alps soaking up “Aboriginal” rural France and (wow) real mountains. Train through the Alps to Turin the home of Arte Povera where I stalked Giuseppe Penone. Over to my heart’s home Venice for Biennale binge. Train viewing of more Alps through Germany to another of my hearts’ home – Berlin in summer -bliss. Then all the way back to Australia.

Alps

Alps from train

Giuseppe Penone, La Venaria Reale, Turin

Russian Pavillion, Venice Biennale

Veneziana!